USING YOGA TO SUPPORT LEARNING
Join us for the special five-week series design for preschool children. In this program, children will use yoga and mindful movement to reinforce age appropriate school skills. Divided into weekly topics, the students will explore the themes through yoga poses, books, props, music, puppets and more. This class is a great way for young children to use exercise to enhance their cognitive their development. Through a kinesthetic experience, school skills are more easily learned and remembered. This is also a perfect class for English language leaners to support their language acquisition.
HOW CAN YOGA HELP YOU IN SCHOOL
- Increases focus and concentration needed for a classroom setting
- Helps young children to redirect scattered energy, relax and self-calm
- Supports Social-Emotion-Learning (self-coping, calming, mindfulness, self-esteem, collaboration, respect)
- Promotes thinking and memory
- Stimulates visual and auditory processing
- Patterns & more ...